Friday, June 13, 2014

It's I want to Win, It's up to Him!

I was got a call from a good friend yesterday.  We have known each other at least 25 years.  Our conversations are always full and deep about doing life.  She shared something with me her therapist shared with her.  He said "you can either humble yourself before God, or her will humble you."  YIKES.  

What does it mean to be humble?  Humble is defined as having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.  not proud or arrogant; modest

I am a classic Type A personality and more often than not, think I am in charge and can do all things on my own will and sheer determination (some say stubbornness). If it's to be, it's up to me. So hearing those words were a sharp reminder that I must turn over all and humble myself before HIM.  

The good news is, that when we do put God in the driver seat, we benefit more than if we try to command our lives by ourselves.  James 4:10 reads "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."  By letting go, we are lifted up.  Peter said it this way in chapter 5, verse 6, "Humble yourselves therefore beneath the mighty hand of God, so that at the right time He may set you on high".  If it's to be, it's up to him.  But that doesn't rhyme.  How about "If I want to WIN, It's up to HIM!".  


No comments:

Post a Comment